Friday, July 31, 2009

I have fedora core 2 installed, but I can't watch video songs in linux.?

Can anyone please help me.


I like linux for it's reliability but what a reliability can do if I can't enjoy it?


I have crashed windows almost for 150 times and linux only twice. So it saves my time so please help me.


And can you suggest any online reading for linux. I am reading fedora core2 by C. Negus.


Please tell me how to install any software using WINE and also how can I attach Linux Programs/Softwares to linux.


what is use of rpm files. Can I delete rpms after I run command rmp -U packagename.rpm


I am thankful to any who can help me.

I have fedora core 2 installed, but I can't watch video songs in linux.?
I don't know what to tell you. I've had problems with the Fedora family of operating systems, video playback being only one of them. I find that Ubuntu is the best for most people. With a little tinkering, you can get DVDs and many other media formats to play on Ubuntu. I don't know what format the videos you want to watch are in, but you might want to try Ubuntu to see what is available. It will not support all of the proprietary formats on install, but there are all sorts of packages in the database that will enable you to get things working. From my experience, WINE is difficult to use and rarely works right. If you want to switch to Ubuntu and need help, email me. If nothing else, you should upgrade to a newer version of Fedora if your computer will support it. I think that you are about three versions behind. Good luck!
Reply:You have a lot of questions here.





The best place to get Linux questions answered is http://www.linuxquestions.org/





As far as watching music videos, etc. I recommend downloading either mPlayer or Xine although installing them can take a while as they both have lots of dependancies. You can get rpms by doing a google search.


No comments:

Post a Comment