Thursday, July 30, 2009

My computer doesnt shut down nor can i view my hard drive when chanve my OS to linux?

I have a windows xp and a linux dual boot computer... i used to be able to view my C:\ from linux but now i cant even view that ... and also when ever i m on windows... whenever i click SHUTDOWN... it says "windows is shutting down" but then the computer restarts again .... and then i m back to the screen where i can choose which OS i want to boot into

My computer doesnt shut down nor can i view my hard drive when chanve my OS to linux?
This is because there could be confusion between the Windows partition and the Linux partition, for they are shared on the same drive - Drive C:/. The reason why you can't view the C:/ drive when you are in linux us because it thinks that it is soley a Windows Hard Drive. As for the other problem, Windows not shutting down, I do not know what the problem is.
Reply:If possible boot into windows safe mode and shut windows down from there. Then reboot the computer. This may or may not fix the issue you are having, but worth a try. Personally I do not run the two operating systems on one hard drive and I run both systems on my computers. A word of caution, do not use Windows Defrag if you have the two OS on the same drive.

flowering plum

No comments:

Post a Comment