Friday, July 31, 2009

How to install kernel source to my linux?

I am trying to install AntiVir anti-virus software on my Linpus linux.


I noticed that I have to install Dazuko, but it shows the following message.





[root@t009 dazuko-2.3.4]# ./configure


checking host system type... Linux


checking for make utility... ok (make)


checking for C compiler... ok (cc)


kernel source in /lib/modules/2.6.20.6lp/source... no


kernel build source in /lib/modules/2.6.20.6lp/build... no


kernel build source in /usr/src/linux... no


kernel source in /usr/src/linux... no


error: no kernel source files found





It is saying my kernel source is not found. I am using the Linpus Linux 9.4, and the kernel version should be 2.6.20.61p.





Can anyone tell me what I can to install the kernel source code in this case?





Please, I really want to fix this problem.

How to install kernel source to my linux?
Here is the authoritative source of the Linux Kernel. Since you're compiling your own, it seems you have the necessary skills to upgrade the kernel to match the source if the precise one you have is not listed below. Enjoy!





http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v...
Reply:You'll have to go ask the Linpus folks that one - the problem is that you need to compile against a kernel source tree that matches what you're running, which means you have two choices: (1) Get a kernel source package from your distro (Linpus) that matches what you're running or (2) Get a clean source tree from www.kernel.org, and build/install your own kernel.





CHoice 1 is usually easier for novice users.


No comments:

Post a Comment