Friday, July 31, 2009

I can not see my linux partition after i formatted my drive...?

i had 80 gb of space and i used 60 for windows xp my os installed in c drive with 20 gb and rest is drive d(40gb)..i used 20 gb for linux..due to some virus problem i formatted my c and d drive and didnt touch linux partition ...now my problem is i not able to see my linux partition neither i can use that space..how can i make it visible

I can not see my linux partition after i formatted my drive...?
I think your boot loader was in hd0 and it was formatted and as you install win XP it's only not detecting i\the linux partition


just install one of these


http://sourceforge.net/projects/ext2fsd





http://www.fs-driver.org/





and back up whatever you need and install linux again.
Reply:You will only see the linux partition when inside of linux.





You shouldn't see it when inside of windows.





So if you boot to nix and then do a cfdisk you should see the win32 and the linux/linux swap.


No comments:

Post a Comment