Friday, July 31, 2009

I am not able to mount my hard drive in linux......... Please help me.....?

I work on ubuntu linux. I have a hard drive (C:) of 99.9 gbs. It is in NTFS format. When I try to mount it in linux it gives an error message:


Unable to mount


error: device /dev/sda1 is not removable


error: could not execute pmount





What should I do to fix this problem? How can I mount this hard drive... please help...... thanks in advance........

I am not able to mount my hard drive in linux......... Please help me.....?
First of all, it might be an idea to check that your kernel understands NTFS. The command below will give a list of all the filesystems that Linux understands. If you see ntfs, then you are OK. Also it might be a good idea to read the mount manual, man 8 mount.


cat /proc/filesystems


Next you need to create a place to mount the NTFS Volume. Then you can mount it.


mkdir /mnt/windows


mount /dev/hda1 /mnt/windows -t ntfs -r

sp

No comments:

Post a Comment