Friday, July 31, 2009

After booting windows from GRUB, I cannot see any drive other than C:\ in "My Computer"?

This is what happened-





1) I had Windows and LINUX on my computer. Windows had 3 partitions (C, D %26amp; E drives wih 10GB in each).


2) To delete LINUX, I right clicked on "My Computer", went to manage and deleted the space occupied by LINUX.


3) Now, when I start my computer, instead of going to Windows XP, it goes to GRUB%26gt; prompt.


4) I am able to boot Windows from GRUB using " rootnoverify (hd0,0) and chainloader +1".


5) However, in Windows I can only see the C drive with 10 GB. My other drives i.e D %26amp; E are not there


6) After right clicking on My computer and going to Manage, I can see that the remaining 30 GB is listed as "Healthy (Unknown)".





Can someone PLEASE help me in recovering my other drives.





I will be very grateful. The software support people are asking for $200 AN HOUR.

After booting windows from GRUB, I cannot see any drive other than C:\ in "My Computer"?
It sounds like you deleted the partitions. You can try and re-create the partitions exactly how they were and then do an unformat (do not format when creating the partition). However if your data is irreplaceable, it is worth paying the data recovery people. You might be able to find data recovery software that is cheaper. Do not use your computer any more than necessary until the recovery is completed.


No comments:

Post a Comment