Monday, May 24, 2010

Can anybody help me with installing Red Hat Linux 7?

My Hard Drive has two partitions. The 'c' Drive (116 GB) contains Windows Vista Home Basic and the newly created 'e' Drive (111 GB) is a totally empty NTFS partition. I have the Red Hat Linux CD's but need help with the options showing up on the screen as they relate to creating partitions but my partition on which Red Hat Linux is to be installed is already in place. I am finding the Red Hat installation process much more complicated than a Windows installation. I could really do with some help here. (Anybody out there in the NW10 area of London, England? That's where I am)

Can anybody help me with installing Red Hat Linux 7?
go to tyork@yorkinfo.com he is the best at this stuff
Reply:Linux will not run on an NTFS partition. I have 2 recommendations.





1. Use suse linux (it will be an easier install) http://www.opensuse.org or the latest redhat disro now the fedora project ( http://fedora.redhat.com )





2. If you can install linux on a different machine do it. Linux does not need the power that windows does. A 300 MHz processor will suffice with 256 meg of ram.





RJ

radiata

No comments:

Post a Comment