Sunday, August 2, 2009

Linux Questions On Bat File And OS Name?

Ok, I am creating this script that writes a .bat file and I want the program to be friendly to all OS's and I have it writting a .bat file and when the .bat is executed I want the .bat to execute a program in Linux. So how does it work? I am using Windows Vista.





Also I created a if statement where it detects the first part of the name of the OS name. The problem is that I don't know the exact name of the OS like if it was. "Company Name Linux Ver#" or "Linux Ver#.",





So can someone write the "full" name?





This is the code I am using in C#.





System.Environment.OSVersion.ToString(...





Thanks, Cyber.

Linux Questions On Bat File And OS Name?
A Batch File (*.bat) is a script written for Dos or the command prompt.





Linux uses bash shell scripts (*.sh)
Reply:Look up bash and scripting in Linux. Here is a quick tutorial I found doing a search: http://www.freeos.com/guides/lsst/


No comments:

Post a Comment