Sunday, August 2, 2009

Linux Install Gone Bad?

I recently Installed Linux Ubuntu..It didn't work because of something of X driver not loading...What Linux did is it created itself a new partition, actually two...


Now every time I startup I have two chose what operating system I want to load, which is always Vista.


Now I want to format those partitions and get back to normal like before I had installed Linux..





So what program can I use to format those partitions and get rid of them so I only have my basic partitions: C:, D:, and PQservice.


I tried Partition Magic and I didn't work out for me..





Thanks in advance

Linux Install Gone Bad?
It sounds like linux did install, but the X windoing system did not configure. For dual boot systems, linux installs a bootloader, which gives you the start up OS selection. The two most common bootloaders are Grub and Lilo. Both of these can be configured to automatically load a default OS after a short delay.


As for removing the linux partition, you may need something like the techw0rm tools to change the linux partition type to something else, but be warned, if the boot loader was installed in the master boot record, you may make both partitions un available by simply formatting the linux partition.


No comments:

Post a Comment