Sunday, August 2, 2009

Dual booting Windows XP with Linux Suse 10.1 question?

I have partitioned my 80GB hdisk to the following specs:


C:\ = 40GB NTFS - contains windows for operating system


D:\ = ~20GB NTFS - contains backup of my files


E:\ = ~19GB. FAT32 - proposed linux partition





when i try to install linux suse 10.1, it tells me that it will reduce c:\ to around 30GB, d:\ to 15GB, and split e:\ to /root and swap partition.





I don't want to change my partition setting with regards to my windows' and backup's. I believe that 20GB is enough for linux to play around with. What should i do best to keep my partition settings while installing linux suse 10.1? Also, does it install grub for me?


Thanks in advance.

Dual booting Windows XP with Linux Suse 10.1 question?
well delete your e: ie your 19 GB fat 32 partition, and leave it as free space. then run the linux installer and use the automatic partitioning option * which utilises the free space", it worked with me... GOOD LUCK
Reply:use symantec partiotion magic v8


and format your e: with linux filesystem


linux will automatically take that partition while installation





i have tried it earlier


No comments:

Post a Comment